Are you looking for a safe email service? If you are, then Thunderbird will be a great suggestion. To use this email service, you may require help in creating your account and logging in.
We have already gathered all the procedures that you will need. Here, you can check out the procedures for signing up, logging in, and recovering as well as changing your account password. And in case you encounter any Thunderbird email login errors, you can read our fixes for these too.
These are the topics that we will be talking about in this post.
1. What is the Procedure for Mozilla Thunderbird Sign up?
2. What is the Mozilla Thunderbird Mail Sign in Procedure?
3. How Do I Use My Mozilla Thunderbird Account?
4. How to Change a Thunderbird Email Account Login Password?
5. What to Do if I Forget My Mozilla Thunderbird Login Password?
6. Why Do I See an Error while I Sign in to Mozilla Thunderbird Email Account?
7. How can I Fix Thunderbird Mail Login Error?
To create and sign up for your Mozilla Thunderbird account, here is an 11-step method. Let’s quickly go through it.
1. The first step is to launch “Thunderbird” on your system.
2. To create your Thunderbird email account, click on “File”.
3. Now, click on “New”.
4. Click on the option of “Get a New Mail Account”. Here, you will find the option to get a completely new account via the provider of an email service.
5. The fifth step is to type in your “Name”.
6. Then choose a provider as per your preference. Then click on the “Search” button.
7. Depending upon the email service provider that you have chosen, you will see the email addresses available. Make a selection from these email addresses.
Note: In case you find none of the email addresses as suitable, then you may go back to the field where you entered your name. You can make changes to the name if you wish to. Thereafter, new email addresses will be made available. To continue with the Mozilla Thunderbird sign up procedure, you can pick any of these.
8. Now, you will see the charges of the account, in case applied by the email service provider. Choose your email address by pressing the button next to the charges.
9. Then you can visit the official site of the email service provider, make an account, and configure the charges.
10. Once your account has been created, it will be automatically configured by Thunderbird. Lastly, attempt the Mozilla Thunderbird mail sign in procedure and access your account.
You can sign in to Mozilla Thunderbird email in just 5 steps. These steps have been listed right here. Take a look at them.
1. From your browser, go to the “Thunderbird Email Login Page”.
2. Type in your email address in the required field.
3. Then enter the password to sign in to your Mozilla Thunderbird email.
4. Press the button for signing in to your account.
5. Now, you can access your account and view your emails.
Expert Tip: When you do the Mozilla Thunderbird sign in for email, ensure that the credentials have been correctly entered. If not, then the sign-in procedure can fail and you will have to reattempt it.
Once the Thunderbird email setup procedure has been completed by you, you are all set to use your account. After the Mozilla Thunderbird login, you will be able to view your email account in the “Folder” panel. This panel is present on the left of the Thunderbird main window. As and when you receive a new message, it will be downloaded in the account.
If you wish to create a message using your Thunderbird email account, then you can open the “Folder” panel and choose your account. Then click on “Write” and compose your message.
Do you need to change the password of your Thunderbird email account? You can do it via 2 methods. Through these methods, you can change the password of an account in Thunderbird and you can also remove a saved password for adding a new one.
To know more about these methods, please read beyond.
If you would like to change a password for Thunderbird mail login for an account, then you can use the following method. This method can be carried out in only 10 steps.
1. Begin with visiting the official “Login Thunderbird Mail Page”.
2. Enter your email address and password to log in to your Thunderbird email account.
3. Access the web interface for email service to change your password.
4. Closing Mozilla Thunderbird is the next step.
5. Now, access Mozilla Thunderbird again. Doing so will refresh it.
6. In the main toolbar of Mozilla Thunderbird, click on “Get Mail”.
7. Now, you will receive an alert. Then enter the new password for your account.
8. When the “Use Password Manager” box shows up, place a tick for remembering the new password.
9. Then click on “Ok”. Your email account will synchronize.
10. Now, you can attempt Thunderbird online email login with your new password.
Note: The method shown above will be the most suitable for version 60 of Mozilla Thunderbird.
In the second method, you can check out how to remove a saved Thunderbird email login password. Using this method, you can first remove the saved password of an account and then enter a new one. You can also remove the saved passwords of all the accounts at once and then enter the new ones.
1. Open “Thunderbird” on your system.
2. The second step is to click on “Tools”.
3. Tap on “Options”.
4. Click on the “Passwords” tab.
5. Now, click on “Saved Passwords”.
6. Mozilla Thunderbird login passwords for “SMTP” as well as “POP3” or “IMAP” will be shown here. Click on “Remove All” to remove both the passwords
Note: In case you want to remove the Thunderbird online email login password of an account in particular, you can click on “Remove”. In case you want to remove the passwords of all the accounts, you can click on “Remove All”.
7. Close “Thunderbird” and start it again to clear the password cache.
8. After restarting it, a password prompt will pop up.
9. Enter a new password in the prompt box. Then click on “Ok”. Now, the method for changing your password will be over.
“How to login to Thunderbird email if I don't remember my password?” We will help you in recovering your password. Here, we have presented you with 2 methods for doing so. Browse through these methods to gain access to your Thunderbird account.
If you are using the first method, then we are assuming that your account has already been signed in on your system. You can view your password. And then if you wish to sign out and sign in on any other device, you will be able to do so.
1. On your system, open your Mozilla Thunderbird account.
2. Then open the “Tools” menu.
3. Now, click on “Option”.
4. When the “Option” window opens, click on “Security”.
5. Then click on the “Passwords” tab.
6. Locate and click on “Saved Passwords”.
7. A window carrying the saved Mozilla Thunderbird login passwords will show up. Here, you can see all your accounts. Click on either of the accounts to see your present password for the same.
8. Then click on the button for “Show Passwords”.
9. When you see a confirmation message, click on “Yes” to proceed further.
10. The column of passwords will be available. View the password of your account. Then you can exit this window.
At the end of this 10-step method, you will know your Mozilla Thunderbird account password.
When you cannot recall the password of your Thunderbird account, we will suggest you use the Thunderbird Password Recovery Tool. The procedure to use this tool is very simple. Launch the Thunderbird Password Recovery Tool on your system. The server you are using for your Thunderbird online email login account will get displayed on your screen. You are not required to click anywhere on your screen.
Now, your password will get automatically detected by the password recovery tool. In addition to your login Thunderbird mail password, other information such as your user name, the strength of your password, and whether or not your profile is secure will also be displayed on your screen.
Note: The Thunderbird Password Recovery Tool can be used by the users of Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. Also, for versions below Windows 7, this tool will prove to be compatible.
Seeing errors while trying to sign in to your Thunderbird account is a small issue. It may be happening due to the reasons shown below.
1. The Thunderbird email login error can emerge when your email address and password have been wrongly typed.
2. Your browser history, cache, and cookies may be causing some trouble while you log in to your account.
3. You may not have done the configuration of your Thunderbird email account properly.
4. Your internet connection may not be up. Or it may be too slow to help you through the login process.
5. The password of your Thunderbird account may have been changed by someone. As a result, you may have lost access to your account. So, the Thunderbird email login page may be showing you an error.
6. Failed access to your Thunderbird account may be due to some interference caused by your antivirus software.
7. If you have any unresolved browser issues, then also you may be seeing the sign in error with your Thunderbird email account.
When you sign in to Mozilla Thunderbird email, you may see an error due to the reasons mentioned above. For fixing this error, you can consider the 7 fixes mentioned here.
Using the correct email address and password is the basic requirement for signing in to your Thunderbird email account. When either of these has not been properly entered, you will see a login error.
So, make sure that you are using the email address and password that was chosen by you at the time of Mozilla Thunderbird sign up. On the off chance that you cannot remember your credentials correctly, you can recover them and then log in to your account. This time, you will not face any login error.
“Mozilla Thunderbird sign in for email shows an error. What is the fix?” One of the fixes worth trying is to clear the browser history and cache. You can also clear any cookies. Since they may be causing some sort of interference with the sign in procedure, clearing them will be a great suggestion. The 9 steps given below will help you in performing this fix.
1. Go to the “Control Panel” of Windows.
2. Click on “Internet Options”.
3. Now, click on the “Advanced” tab.
4. The fourth step is to tap the button for “Reset”.
5. Then click on “Google Chrome”.
6. Open the browser settings.
7. Click on “Advanced”.
8. Click on “Reset”.
9. When the history of your browser, its cache and cookies get cleared, log in to your Thunderbird account without encountering any error now.
“How to login to Thunderbird email when it shows an error?” To answer your question, we will advise you to check the configuration of your account. In case you have not correctly configured your Thunderbird email account, then it may show you an error when you attempt to access it.
Therefore, checking the account configuration will be helpful. In case you find anything that is not right, make the changes. Now, try to sign in to your account.
Did you open the Thunderbird email login page only to find a sign in error? You may be in such a situation due to your internet connection. When your connection is not up and working, the login page would not load. As a result, logging in to it will become a hassle.
In addition to that, if the speed of your internet connection is slow, then too you will face problems in loading the page and signing in to your account. So, once you are sure that your internet connection is working, the next task is to check its speed.
For this, you can run a test. It will easily let you know the speed of your internet. In case the internet is not working or the speed is too slow, getting in touch with your internet service provider for help will be the best solution.
The Thunderbird email account login error can surface when your account has been hacked or when its password has been changed. Usually, when you use your Thunderbird account on a shared computer system, you may forget to logout. Or you may have saved your password in your browser.
In such a situation, any person can access your Thunderbird account. Then changing the password of your Thunderbird account will not be difficult. However, when you try to sign in, you may find an error. Resetting your account’s password will be the top solution for this problem.
Note: In one of the sections above, we have explained the procedure for changing the password of your Thunderbird account. You can scroll up to find this procedure. And after resetting your password, don’t forget to sign out of your account in case you are using it on a shared or public computer system.
The Thunderbird email account login error may be visible due to some interference generated by your system’s antivirus. You can disable it for some time and then log in to your account. For disabling your antivirus temporarily, you can read the 9 steps listed here.
1. Go to the “Start” menu on your Windows computer.
2. Open the “Settings”.
3. Click on “Update & Security”.
4. Select the option of “Windows Security”.
5. Tap on the option of “Virus & Threat Protection”.
6. Click on “Manage Settings” or “Virus & Threat Protection Settings”.
7. Disabling the “Real-time Protection” is the next step.
8. Open the page of Mozilla Thunderbird sign in for email.
9. Enter your credentials correctly. Access will be provided to you without any error.
Now, we will tell you how to login to Thunderbird email without facing any error. Doing so is quite effortless. You can pick a browser other than the usual one for accessing the login page of Thunderbird.
Using a new web browser works well as a fix for the Thunderbird email sign in errors. Sometimes any problems with your regular browser may prevent you from getting on to the login page of Thunderbird. While you may opt to fix the browser errors later, for the present moment, you can use any other browser for quick access to your Thunderbird account.
For new to the old users of Thunderbird email, this post carries all the procedures that will be helpful in simplifying the use of this email service. We will suggest you keep this post saved for any future reference.
Let us know how well we did! If you found this post useful, then you can give us a rating below.
By now, you would have gained knowledge about making a Thunderbird email account. You may be searching for the Thunderbird Gmail settings. We have help ready for you. Click now to read.